Professional Consulting: Three day course
- London: Cavendish Conference Centre, 44 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JJ
- Wednesday 14th September 2016 - Friday 16th September 2016
- Max Course Size: 12
- Click here for more information on the course & pricing
You will see three options when you click on the select course tab, see below.
The first option covers attendance on the course only, materials and lunch.
The second option covers the course fee + award level qualification. For this level there is one assignment to complete. The qualification fee covers membership with the Chartered Management Institute, assignment guidance for up to one year from end of course date and qualification certificate.
The third option covers the course fee + certificate level qualification. For this level there are two assignments to complete. The qualification fee covers membership with the Chartered Management Institute, assignment guidance for up to one year from end of course date and qualification certificate.
What’s different about our approach?
The current trend for both private and public sector organisations is towards further outsourcing, shared services and relying more and more on third party relationships. Technical skills and project management ability is no longer sufficient to meet these demands on their own. This has driven a need to develop consultancy skills to lead cross-functional teams that deliver improvement projects better and in a sustainable way.
Coaching for Change has designed and developed a change leadership competency framework, known as CLAW 360®. Delegates on this consultancy course have the opportunity to use this invaluable tool to reflect on their own style and practice, in relation to the key skills required of a professional consultant.
The highly interactive way in which this consultancy course is delivered provides you with the opportunity to practice your new skills through working on a real-life turnaround project using an aerospace case study.
What do I need to do after the 3 day course?
There are three options when you book the course:
- Attend the course only. No assignments or post course work to do.
- Award level. Complete one assignment
- Certificate level. Complete two assignments
After attending the certificate course you can then progress to the Diploma level. To do this you will need to attend the Diploma 3-day top up course and complete a further 4 assignments.
How can this help you to progress your career?
Forward-thinking organisations typically want the best and the brightest employees to lead their teams. Whilst these individuals usually have a sound background in technology or business, they often lack some of the leadership skills required of a professional consultant. The Certificate in Professional Consultancy has been designed to address these needs and focuses on the interpersonal and communication skills needed to be an effective change agent.
By gaining a recognised qualification in management consultancy, you will be able to
- Boost your career prospects
- Raise your credibility internally.
- Jump-start your career in consulting
- Establish a sound foundation for further career progression
- Learn from others in the profession
- Identify and close your gaps using the key attributes of an effective change leader, reflect/change your own approach to become more effective.
- Improve your project management success rate
- Start using high-impact tools and techniques in your consultancy practice
- Understand how to overcome risks and obstacles
- Build positive and productive relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Implement lasting solutions that achieve desired outcomes and add real value
What is included in the Consultancy Course?
Over the course of three days, you will work on a real life case study practicing a range of tools, skills and techniques that will develop your skills as a professional consultant.
Award and Certificate level delegates get 2 years membership with the CMI
Award and Certificate level delegates get support from the course instructor for up to one year following the course to complete assignments.
Lunch and refreshments.
You will receive a personalised course folder that covers all the topics, templates and tools learnt. The indicative content is:
- Understanding your role as a Consultant
- Internal and external consultancy - the pros and cons for success
- Identifying value
- Being client centred rather than ego centric
- How to make great first impressions
- Effective Influencing skills
- Scoping projects – Identifying needs of the business
- Rapport skills - creating effective relationships
- Developing proposals / internal business case
- Presenting proposals - Presentation Skills
- Effective meetings skills
- Key Facilitation skills – running workshops
- Analysis tools and techniques (Value Stream Mapping and Lean)
- Stakeholder analysis, change management and engaging the people
- Project Management and Visual Management techniques
- Generating great case studies and internal marketing
- Organisation development
- How to use TGROW coaching methodology
Course Instructor: Lee Kemp (Founder of Coaching for Change)
Lee has achieved Certified Management Consultant level with the Chartered Management Institute, is a fellow of the Institute of Consulting with a 20 year track record of delivering transformational change in Aerospace, Defence, Rail, Telecommunications, Local Government, Manufacturing, Nuclear, Life Science and Textiles, across USA and Europe:
Delegates like the way he uses real life examples (good and not so good) to explain the tools and bring the techniques alive.