Also known as Business Improvement Techniques (Green Belt), Coaching For Change deliver Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training internally for clients. We tailor our approach for each client, whether you are in the public or private sector.
Who Is The Training For?
If you want to reduce your reliance on expensive external consultancy services and retain skills in-house, this training is ideal for you.
This course is recommended if you and your organisation are committed to implementing Lean Six Sigma and would like to achieve a high level of practical knowledge through applying learning and accountability for action.
We typically work with companies who:
- Need to reduce waste and variation in their processes to improve performance and maintain a competitive edge.
- Have sent individuals on specific training courses but not seen the skills acquired used effectively upon return to the workplace.
- Don’t have the capacity or skills to know where to start with a waste reduction program.
At the end of the program your company would see a return from the training via successful project delivery. Your company will acquire skills to replicate the methodology on other projects to improve performance. Individual confidence and morale will be lifted by achievement and recognition in driving out waste and variation associated with a real project.
What Does The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Service Improvement Involve?
This is a 10 day Lean Six Sigma green belt program that is structured around a learner’s real life project. This means the individual is accountable for delivering improvements linked to achieving the qualification; they are offered coaching support, peer networking and success ceremonies to help them succeed.
There is a fast track option for RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) evidence your company is getting a tangible return from their investment in training.
This program will lead to:
- Projects being realistic and aligned to key objectives.
- Improvements focused on delivering value aligned to the needs of the Customer and Business.
- Waste and variability being driven out of the system.
- Your business developing the capability to replicate and transfer knowledge internally.
- Individuals getting recognised through a formal qualification with the Institute of Leadership and Management - UK's largest awarding body for Leadership and Management qualifications.
How Is The Course Delivered?
This is a four-to-six month long commitment to learning.
You will be guided from project selection though to delivery (the DMAIC cycle in lean six sigma language). The program will cover modules M5.33, M5.34 and work based assignment. Download the course overview for more information.
The program is split into three blocks - 4 days, 3 days and 3 days. The gaps in between these blocks of learning are flexible but a minimum of four weeks are scheduled. This time allows delegates to apply course learning to their business improvement projects. At the start of blocks 2 and 3 there are project report outs from the delegates. A final report out and assessment post the 10 day course is required for qualification.
Block 1 – 4 days:
- You will understand what lean six sigma is all about.
- How to choose a project and generate a problem statement.
- The pre-requisites of good measurement system
- Understand the seven quality tools through 8D case study work
- Have an understanding of DMAIC and the elements within it
Outcome: Be in a position to apply learning, challenge/confirm with your sponsor the project, start data collection, define problem statement, and identify team and metrics.
Block 2 – 3 days:
- Group reviews of define and measure stage of your project
- Lean introduction - Mass to lean business simulation
- Value stream mapping techniques
- Process Mapping and ICOR mapping techniques
- Lean assessment tools
- Understanding process variation and capability
- Workshop design.
Outcome: Be in a position to apply learning, organise workshops to analyse processes and systems associated with your project.
Block 3 – 3 days:
- Group reviews of analyse stage of your project
- More depth on the lean tools - Visual Management, Standardised work, JIT, SPC, Mistake proofing
- Implementation of control tools on the lean business simulation
- Value Stream Mapping - Future State
Outcome: Be in a position to apply learning, apply improve and control tools to your project and understand the expectations for qualification.
As a learner group you will agree a due date for project assessment. We will schedule a choice of two dates to present your project - between 20 and 30 mins
- Present Project using standard template (one on one with assessor)
Outcome: Achievement of Level 5 Certificate in Service Improvement or points for improvement.
How Do I Start The Training?
If your company is ready to start lean six sigma green belt training, get in touch with us by calling +44 1246 264 965 or completing our contact form.